- About Us
Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter is an open admission animal shelter located in Prince Frederick, Maryland. It is managed by the Animal Shelter Division under the Department of Public Safety and the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners.
Provide compassionate, humane care and treatment to the shelter population and responsibly re-home animals into the community.
The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter also aspires to meet all requirements listed in the Five Freedoms.
The Five Freedoms
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express (most) normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
Holiday & Inclement Weather Hours
The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter will follow the holiday schedule set forth by the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners. The shelter will also follow all weather-related closures or any other closures of Calvert County Government.