- Volunteer Boards and Commissions
- H - Z
- Police Accountability Board
- History of the Police Accountability Board
History of the Police Accountability Board
Police Accountability Board Process
- May 2021: Process began.
- Memorandum (May 13, 2021): Police Discipline and Law Enforcement Programs and Procedures (PDF)
- Presentation (May 25, 2021): Local Requirements to Implement the Maryland Police Accountability Act of 2021 - Police Discipline and Law Enforcement Programs and Procedures (PDF)
- August 2021: Staff conducted public outreach and began accepting public comments on the draft resolution.
- Watch the Oct. 12, 2021, Town Hall Meeting on YouTube.
- Watch the Dec. 9, 2021, Town Hall Meeting on YouTube.
- Watch the Jan. 25, 2022, Public Hearing on YouTube.
- February 2022: Adopted final resolution. Management of the PAB and ACC implementation moved to the Department of Human Resources.
- March 2022: Advertised for membership and determined PAB FY23 budget. BOCC approved two Human Resources staff positions to provide support to the PAB and ACC.
- April 2022: Staff reviewed applications for minimum qualifications. Citizen review committee was formed to evaluate applications and provide recommendations to the BOCC, comprised of one representative each from the Calvert County Fraternal Order of Police, Calvert County NAACP, Calvert County Republican Central Committee and Calvert County Democratic Central Committee.
- May 2022: Citizen review committee evaluated and rated applications.
- June 2022: BOCC received applications with citizen review committee recommendations in early June.
- BOCC approved FY23 budget.
- BOCC voted to appoint PAB members.
- July 1, 2022: State of Maryland deadline for implementation.
- Summer 2022: Conduct first PAB meeting.
Public Comment and Input
Public Comment and Input - First Round
Comments for the first draft closed on Oct. 17, 2021. The comments received were documented and are viewable at the links below.
View the October 2021 Draft Police Accountability Board Resolution (PDF)
PAB Facebook comments
Oct. 12, 2021 Town Hall comments
First-round public comments
First-round survey results
Public Comment and Input - Second Round
Comments for the second draft closed on Dec. 15, 2021. Citizens are encouraged to review the revised draft resolution (November 2021) and additional information below.
View a message regarding the Second Round Draft (PDF).
View a presentation providing an overview of the Police Accountability Board, Administrative Charging Committee, and highlights of the changes from the First Round Draft.
View the Second Round (November 2021) DRAFT Police Accountability Board Resolution - Second Round (PDF):
PAB Facebook comments
Dec. 9, 2021 Town Hall comments
Second-round public comments
Public Comment and Input - Public Hearing
The Board of County Commissioners of Calvert County held a Public Hearing on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022 at 7 p.m. at the Harriet Elizabeth Brown Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Rd., Prince Frederick, Maryland. At the Hearing, the Board considered and received comments on a draft Resolution to establish a Calvert County Police Accountability Board and Calvert County Administrative Charging Committee as required by state law.
View the Public Hearing
PAB Legal Notice - Public Hearing
January 2022 Draft Police Accountability Board Resolution (PDF)
Jan. 25, 2022 public hearing comments
Written public comments